Monday, November 17, 2008

The Thinker

I've been amused by myself lately. Little things that make me laugh at myself, screwed up story-telling, miscommunications, wrong dates...
Yesterday, I was torn between staying at home and going to a Wellness Fair. There were two women I really wanted to meet there, but there was a strong pull to stay home and work on some art projects. Should I go... should I stay... decision making is so difficult for me. Torn.
I went into my art room and got lost in some art making, when I heard a sound that did NOT sound good... something had fallen in the bedroom.
I got up to find my "thinking" frog had leaped off the shelf onto the floor, missing his left foot and the candle (which had been previously lit that morning) over turned.
Immediately, I was grateful that my Gratitude candle was not lit! Then picked up froggy and found his foot.
I noticed it was 1:00. Was froggy telling me something??
If I leave now, I can catch the 1:30 lecture!!! It must be an OMEN!
I'm meant to go.
I grabbed the glue and attached his foot... found a safe place for him to sit upside down while drying.... Heart over Head did not go unnoticed :-)... put on my converse sneakers, grabbed my coat and Peru hat (very windy out)... said, "see ya later" to hubby and I was off.........
Green lights and clear traffic (except one guy that wanted to cross my path) gave me further validation I was meant to go.
I entered the grounds, looking for some sort of sign... no signs?? I asked one guy and he told me to go right.... found another woman and she pointed to the building behind her... I could park along side the road I was on... no other cars??
where is everybody??
(sometimes, it takes me awhile :-)
I walked up the path, thinking, "wow, not a lot of people here means I'll get my choice of sessions"... I check one door and it is locked, another... locked.. I continue up the path..
Notice how persistant I am :-)
A woman comes out to see if I need help.. a very kind woman and when I mention the Wellness Fair, she tells me it's next week.
I laugh at myself.. again.
I over think... and of course I thought about the frog message on the way home..
Maybe he was telling me something else.
Yeah.
Like, clean your room! or maybe that I over think.........

3 comments:

Stacy Wills said...

i enjoyed reading about your adventure...

shayndel said...

I too tend to look for meaning in everything. So as I'm reading your suspenseful story, on edge to see what the connection is with the frog, I noticed in the photo the binding of the TaoteChing book. I remember my pocket size copy. I leap up to get it and open up to a page.
Here is what I read :
In the pursuit of knowlege,
every day something is added.
In the practice of the Tao,
every day something is dropped.

You see, the frog dropped.
You're on your right way!

love and smiles,
(PS if you want to read on, its passage #48)

Doe Grozs Art said...

Joanne, I get a chuckle every time I read this... and yes, I'm going to read. Thinking I may put that frog in the bathroom (above post)in the Knowledge area!