Sunday, June 8, 2008

Digging Deep

ROOT CHAKRA:
Reading up on the root chakra, I was inspired by a passage about Earth as Home. Mother Earth - Pachamama... my mother. my home. my roots......
Friday I watched Danielle Bain, Medicine Woman, and how she had come to the realization after traveling for I think 6 months, that she needed to go back home to study the medicine of her people.
Traveling is good for the soul. We learn how similar we are even with our differences. We are all brothers and sisters on this planet.
But it is always good to come home.
In the first chakra, it is where Spirit is grounded in the material world. We manifest our creativity in a physical form.
It is here where we must get out of our head and into our body. Connecting to Mother Earth provides a healing source.
We master the fundamentals of survival here by grounding our spirit into our body. We ground our energy in some form of expression, discharging an accumulaton of emotional energy.
Consciously breathing and moving our body, connecting to our inner core, bringing awareness to the body and puts us in touch with our feelings.
Move consciously upon the Earth.
Be aware of the ground beneath your feet. Walking meditation.
Tell the truth about what you feel.
"I am a child of the Universe and I am taken care of."
"I honor my body by nurturing it with healthy food, exercise, and loving thoughts"
Mother Earth blesses me with Abundance.
I take responsibility for myself. I honor all my needs.
I am in touch with the Mother within and it's healing source.
Good yoga postures to help be grounded:
Lying on your back. Knees bent and allowing the whole spine to release onto the ground.
Tree Pose ~ Mountain Pose ~ Child Pose ~Cobra ~
Color Red
Square Shape
Blessing the Earth and being grateful.

2 comments:

Cheryl Finley said...

Ahh..I like that walking is good for getting grounded. I'll try to remember that when I'm walking again. Thank you, Doreen - for the insight you share: )

I'm glad you're a part of the Oasis :) - Oh! I read your post on your other blog...art w/recycled business cards! I was JUST doing that last week! - I have some cards from an endeavor I decided not to do and have lots of businesss cards left. Hmm..what shall I do w/them? I love the little scene you painted on yours :)

Cheryl Finley said...

Doreen,
I just viewed your Room to Create blog. OMG! It's a cyber-art cafe! I wanted to make a cup of tea and browse more...but I couldn't tear myself away. Wow, it's so wonderful that you can work in so many creative areas...love the desk..and the murals... the giraffe ..and the frog & his reflection stand out in my mind. It's all so full of wonderment!
Thank you!